To all our valued patients,
Cary Dental is now seeing patients for non-urgent care!
The Cary Dental team hopes everyone is staying healthy and safe. Our team is all healthy, safe, and looking forward to seeing you again soon.
We are happy to announce that as of May 18th, we are seeing patients for non-urgent and elective dental care. Please contact us to schedule your appointment.
We are doing everything we can to ensure our patient’s and team’s safety at your dental visit. We are following the Oregon Health Authority, CDC, and OSHA COVID-19 infection control protocol.
You will see some changes that we want you to be aware of:
- We are seeing fewer patients per-day to allow for plenty of social distancing in the office
- We have added some temporary and permanent barriers in the office
- Our team is taking extra precautions before, during, and after each appointment to make sure the office is ready for you
- Only patients are allowed in the office for their dental appointment
- All team members and patients are screened before entering the office with screening questions and no-touch temperature reading
- All patients and team members are wearing masks in the office except when receiving dental care
- We are using one-time PPE per patient including masks, gowns, and gloves
- Oral antibacterial and viral mouth rinse before each visit (Colgate mouth rinse with less than 5% hydrogen peroxide)
- Please be patient with scheduling. We are practicing social distancing to make sure everyone stays safe and healthy
At Cary Dental, we take your health seriously and are working hard to make sure we protect you. We will be contacting everyone with a previously-scheduled appointment to reschedule. Please be patient as we are getting you back on your regular dental hygiene schedule.
Please be aware, our clinical team may look like we are in hazmat suits or ready to go into outer space.
What You Can Do Until We Can See You
- Please brush your teeth 2 times a day
- Floss your teeth (or use a toothpick) 1 time per day
- Rinse your mouth with salt water if your gums are sore. If they are painful, please call our office
If you have removable orthodontic appliances, please follow these instructions:
- Stop turning your appliances
- Remove the appliances for several hours every day to clean with a denture cleaner. If you do not have access to a denture cleaner, please contact me to get a prescription for an oral disinfectant
- If your appliance becomes difficult to put back in afterwards, leave the appliance out for less time
If you have aligners orthodontics (Clear Correct):
- You can continue to change your aligners on your current schedule until the last aligner
- Continue to wear your last aligner as directed until we are able to see you
If you have wire and brackets:
- Please brush your teeth 2 times a day. Floss your teeth (or use toothpicks) 1 time per day
- Use mouth wash 2 times per day (Listerine or Scope)
- Make sure all of the plaque is removed from the entire tooth every time you brush your teeth
- If a wire breaks or bracket comes loose, be patient. If it is not painful, it will be OK. We can correct it when we are able to see you again.
If you are not currently a patient of record and are experiencing a dental emergency, we are here to help you. Please see our Location Page for the location nearest to you.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon
We are monitoring the situation closely and it is changing daily. We will keep you updated as it impacts your care with us. Be healthy and enjoy your time with family. We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for doing your part in controlling the spread of the virus.
If you need urgent dental care, contact our on-call dentist.
Mike Cary DMD , Cary Dental