To all our valued patients,
The coronavirus has unexpectedly impacted our lives. I want to give you an update regarding the current state of dental care in our office. As of March 19, 2020, Governor Kate Brown signed an executive order limiting all dental care to emergency care only until June 15, 2020. If you have a scheduled dental appointment during this time, we will contact you to reschedule.
Cary Dental will be open for emergency appointments only. Rest assured, your dentist will be on call for you in the event you need immediate dental care.
Emergency and immediate care includes:
- Dental or tooth pain that returns after Advil or Tylenol is used
- Fractured or broken teeth
- Lost dental restoration
- Swelling or infection
- Dental injury
We appreciate your loyalty and understanding as we navigate through this crisis. Below are our recommendations for maintaining good oral health throughout this time, and guidelines for those in active treatment.
What You Can Do Until We Can See You
- Please brush your teeth 2 times a day
- Floss your teeth (or use a toothpick) 1 time per day
- Rinse your mouth with salt water if your gums are sore. If painful, please call our office.
If you have removable orthodontic appliances, please follow these instructions:
- Stop turning your appliances
- Remove the appliances for several hours every day to clean with a denture cleaner. If you do not have access to a denture cleaner, please contact me to get a prescription for an oral disinfectant.
- If your appliance becomes difficult to put back in afterwards, leave the appliance out for less time
If you have aligners orthodontics (Clear Correct):
- You can continue to change your aligners on your current schedule until the last aligner
- Continue to wear your last aligner as directed until we are able to see you
If you have wire and brackets:
- Please brush your teeth 2 times a day. Floss your teeth (or use toothpicks) 1 time per day
- Use mouth wash 2 times per day (Listerine or Scope)
- Make sure all of the plaque is removed from the entire tooth every time you brush your teeth
- If a wire breaks or bracket comes loose, be patient. If it is not painful, it will be OK. We can correct it when we are able to see you again.
- If you have a temporary crown, please be patient. We are hoping this executive order will be short. We are monitoring and coordinating completing your care in a timely manner.
- If you are not currently a patient of record and are experiencing a dental emergency, we are here to help you. Please click on the Location Page for the location nearest to you.
We are monitoring the situation closely and it is changing daily. We will keep you updated as it impacts your care with us. Be healthy and enjoy your time with family. We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for doing your part in controlling the spread of the virus.
If you need urgent dental care, please click on the Location Page to reach our on call dentist.
Mike Cary DMD